Chocolate Almond Cake
Have your cake and eat it too with your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day without missing out on sweet bold chocolate flavor.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour Servings: 16 servings
This recipe is grain free, sugar free and keto friendly.
Cake: 2 1/4 cups almond flour 2/3 cup Dutch cocoa 1/4 cup coconut flour 1/4 cup unflavored whey protein powder 1 tbsp. instant coffee 1 tbsp. baking powder 1/2 tsp. Himalayan pink salt 1 cup butter softened 1 cup Erythritol granular sweetener 5 large eggs, room temperature 1 tsp. vanilla extract 1 tsp. almond extract 1/2 cup whipping cream 1/4 cup water 1/4 cup Disaronno liquor
Butter Glaze: 5 tbsp. butter 2 tbsp. Erythritol confectioners’ sweetener 2 tbsp. Disaronno liquor 1 tsp. almond extract
Garnish: 3/4 cup toasted almonds 1 tbsp. Erythritol confectioner's sweetener
Method: • Preheat oven to 325˚ F. Grease a Bundt cake pan well with butter and then dust with a few tablespoons of almond flour.
• In a small sauté pan, toast almonds over medium heat until golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
• In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa, coconut flour, whey protein, instant coffee, baking powder and salt. Break up any clumps.
• In a large bowl, beat the butter and the sweetener together until light and creamy. Beat in the eggs one at a time and vanilla and almond extract. Beat in the almond flour mixture and then beat in the whipping cream, water and liquor until well combined.
• Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and smooth the top. Bake 50 to 60 minutes until the cake is firm to the touch. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
• For the butter glaze: In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and sweetener. Whisk until well combined and sweetener has dissolved. Remove from heat. Whisk in liquor almond extract. While the cake is still warm and in the pan, poke holes all over with a skewer. Pour the glaze over and let cool completely in the pan.
• Gently loosen the sides with a knife or thin rubber spatula, and then flip out onto a serving platter. Top cake with toasted slivered almonds and dust with powdered sweetener.